ECO2Clouds started in October 2012 and terminated in September 2014.
The ECO2Clouds general work plan is an implementation base of a spiral model for research by experimentation. The project is organized in two major iterations that correspond to the two years duration; available results at the end of the first phase will follow an incremental approach, gathering increase maturity level for the second phase.
In each iteration we go through the full cycle from the requirement elicitation and architectural design to implementation, integration and experimentation on the BonFIRE facility. This ensures a smooth elaboration of results and synchronization with of the latest technology trends.
- October 2012 – Project starts
- November 2012 – Requirements
- February 2013 – MS1: Architecture design aligned with BonFIRE
- March 2013 – Metrics definition
- June 2013 – Environmental impact monitoring and Optimization Techniques
- June – September 2013 Experimentation
- July 2013 – MS2: Deployment on BonFIRE
- September 2013 – MS3: End of first iteration cycle
- February 2014 – MS4: Second architecture design
- June 2014 – Enhanced Environmental impact monitoring and Optimization Techniques
- July 2014 – MS5: Deployment on BonFIRE
- July-September 2014 – experimentation on case studies
- September 2014 – MS6: Final validation